Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

September 5, 2011

Warning



Maybe I take this too serious or get overly attached, but it always felt like something was missing during the last three day. Because he was missing. Our sidekick, Monte, was not there as we walked through the grocery store, he was not sleeping under the table as we ate, and he is not watching me right now. The oddest feeling was taking a walk without a leash; being dog-less we had to call and borrow our first puppy, Buddy, for a walk to the park.





If we do our job as puppy raisers correctly, when it is time for your canine companion to leave, they take a piece of your heart with them. Therefore I am recommending the following warning be placed on puppy raiser contracts and identification cards:



Warning: Puppy Raising can be hazardous to your health. It is more addictive than any known drug. Eventual separation may cause sleeplessness, malaise, or Atrial Septal (hole in the heart). Symptoms may lessen after repeated attempts. However, the only known cure is complete withdrawal, which can only be achieved if you are heartless.



The one lesson that I am learning from our puppies is to "Live In The Moment." Therefore, I eagerly wait for the next puppy to enter our life and slowly mend my broken heart. Focusing on the moments of joy experienced in the present and ignoring past/future heartache.





Quote on our "Painting for Paws" bowl:

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.



1 comment:

Jenna said...

Hi! My name is Jenna and I had the pleasure of meeting you and Monte a year ago at football family fun day. I am the cheerleader who has a dog, Miley, from the same litter as Monte. It has been so much fun to read your blog and see the similarities between Monte and my own dog. Miley is an extremely active dog who loves hunting chipmunks and anything else that moves! She has a short attention span and isn't the best listener but she has stolen our hearts. My heart ached when I read about him leaving for California because I couldn't even imagine Miley leaving our family after 18 months. I only hope the best for him in his future and I would love to continue to hear about his progress however that can be made possible. Thank you so much for sharing your stories with everyone!