Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

February 7, 2008

Walk, Walk, Walk

More walking today ...

A long walk in the morning before work. Again, Buddy was working on staying by my side and being attentive to my pace. He is doing so much better. However, there are times that I lose focus and forget to correct him. So he may walk for a minute or two in front of me.

This evening another long walk. A really long walk. We were getting ready to leave the park after doing a loop, trying to tire Buddy out. We met a guy with his dog and decided to do another loop with them. Almost done with the second loop and we noticed that Hanna had lost her collar. So we retraced our steps and found the fluorescent orange collar, completing our third loop.

Buddy was finally tired, more like exhausted. Needless to say, we didn't go on any additional outings this evening. Buddy rested and watched me while I biked.



“You don't have to train a dog as much as you have to train a human. During the show you see dogs that are super trained ... but they have issues. They attack humans or they have psychological issues. They're trained but not balanced.” Cesar Millan

No comments: