Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

April 1, 2008

Right or Left

It was such a nice day today that we walked a lot today. It wasn't all pleasure as we stopped at the store on one of his walks to pick up some milk.

Our most recent household debate is whether Buddy knows his Right from his Left. We use the commands at intersections and when making turns indoors. I think he understands, but she thinks that he is reacting to subtle cues or movement of the leash.

My most convincing argument is when we were walking downtown and I got my Right and Left mixed up. I wanted to go left, but said right and Buddy bumped into me. He had a puzzled look on his face as if to say "What are you doing? You said 'right'." Much to my chagrin, this has happened more than once.


“For me a house or an apartment becomes a home when you add one set of four legs, a happy tail, and that indescribable measure of love that we call a dog.” -Roger Caras

No comments: