Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

May 19, 2009

Draft Horse #2

Woof and Arf All,

I'll write today and Slick can take pen in paw to write about our adventures tomorrow. A couple days after coming home with Slick, his human cousin Evan came for a visit. We played with him in the back yard, being careful to veer at the last second as we were chasing each other. Finally, it was time to rest.






The next day, Slick took me with his humans to have some crepes. Unfortunately, there was none for us, although I did manage to snach a small morsel dropped on the floor. :-) Then Slick took me to his draft horse training spot. They put on his pulling harness, but must not have been able to find a cart as a human had to hold the traces, pretending to be a wagon. I watched as Slick built up his muscles. Then I got my turn, but all they did was put on the harness and walk me around. I could have pulled a cart if they asked!! I just wanted to mention the wonderful cold floor to lay on.

Speaking of cold floors, Slick and I went to see Star Trek this afternoon and got in a good nap. They wouldn't let me sit in a seat so all I could see of the screen was the back of the seat. It sounded good though. I laid down patiently and waited for popcorn to fall...sigh, it was a long, fruitless wait my friends - not a scrap.

All for now as my Bro Slick says,

Deegan

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Glad to see Deegan doing so well. How was the movie.

Mark said...

I thought it was great - good story line, nice effects, lots of action. Slick and Deegan slept through most of it.