Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

May 25, 2009

I love a parade

Woof to All,

Deegan and I went to the Memorial Day Parade in Cross Plains today. We just sat and watched the fire trucks (sirens and horns) and band (drums and music) and old cars (reving engines) and tractors go by. It seems the recession is really bad in Cross Plains as it looked like no one had ever seen a peice of candy. People in the parade felt it was important to feed all the starving children begging on the roadside. My oh my, times are certainly getting tough when children are reduced to crawling and chasing on the ground, just for a morsel of candy. I merely had to sit still until one flew into my mouth. I had barely gotten a taste when I heard "DROP IT" so I spit it out. We were told we were good dogs, didn't need candy anyhow and besides, we were going to the chicken barbeque when the parade was over...yum yum!!



But to my surprise, it was only a meal for the humans. Nothing for Deegan and I except the smells of chicken cooking on the barbie and hundreds of pies at the swim team bake sale....couldn't drop just ONE lousy crumb please...NOT!



Well at least Deegan got to relax on the grass with Dan, Mindy and Baby Jacob. Jacob really liked Deegan and he managed to get in a couple tiny kisses which Jacob loved.

Well all for now,
Slick

No comments: