Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

July 28, 2009

A busy week

Slick here..

Our family has been so busy running us about that we have not even had time to write to you ‘all.
They have been taking me to "Bike Nights" all over the place and handing out those flyer pieces of paper things and making me do lots of STAYS.



Next of all, I did not have a chance to tell you about “Hogs for Guide Dogs”. Some people with motorcycles came and visited my favorite place, Shelton’s.


There was music and something where people picked tickets out of a hat.


Mom and dad said that they wished there were more participants, but it was a good time anyway.

I was sick for a few days last week. I threw up all over the place one day, and I kept pooping. One night mom and dad could hear my belly sounds from across the room. My tummy sure hurt! So mom and dad did not feed me (because it would come up anyway), and gave me lots of pink awful tasting stuff. After a day they took me to visit Dr. Dave. (alias Dave Williams in Mt. Horeb). He gave me a shot that made me feel better almost immediately. He also poured more “pink stuff” down my throat. My tummy felt much better and I was able to eat the next day.

While I was convalescing, mom and dad went to visit Lilly and Valentino.




It seems that they are now officially a “team”. Mom and Dad talked about having a big party for them. I think they called it “graduation”.


I, Slick, have been walking around with Evan while he holds my kids harness. I am so proud of Evan, he walks along just like he is supposed to, so I walk very carefully and slowly with him.


My friend Deegan also had a chance to walk with Evan. He is very careful too.

We have been going to our usual breakfast spots and getting lots of attention. Sometimes when Deegan and I both go it gets a little crowded under the table.

We had another day on the square. We received lots of pets and were walking “advertisements” for OccuPaws. Chris came with Reggie and Divit. At one time all four of us received pets and loves. Chris is so proud of Reggie and Divit. We are proud of Chris, she is doing a great job training them to help blind people.

Mom took me to a big room where people were playing poker for the humane society. Everybody there said that I was very well behaved. They compared me to their dogs. We even had a chance to talk to a Humane Society worker that talked about some poor dogs that had been left in cages all their lives, and how he was trying to socialize them. Poor dogs, can you imagine being locked in a small cage for years and years? It reminds me how lucky we are.

Sunday was a day off for me as mom and dad went to help train new people for the therapy dog program, “Pet Partners” thru the Delta Society. Stitch and Reggie got to go! I didn’t realize how good my house mates were!

Deegan has been getting himself into trouble. It seems that he likes to pull clothes off of the hangers in the closet and then lay on them. I have told him that there are plenty of doggie blankets already on the floor and he does not need to use mom and dad’s clothes. Mom and dad are not happy when they find their clothes on the floor. They have been reminding him not to do that. He is getting better, but he still does it once in awhile.

I get to go to the nursing home today. The people there just love our visits. AND I gets LOTS of pets.

Slick

2 comments:

Theresa said...

What a goofy puppy! He didn't do that here, but we keep the closet doors shut so he didn't have the chance either.

Barb, Mark, Slick and Deegan said...

Boys will be boys. I think he is getting better now. It was probably just something he found "interesting". When you think about it, it is a pretty clever thing. Pulls down clothes so he can be in a great "hiddy hole - the closet" on a nice, soft bed.