Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

July 9, 2009

No Mas

Marley has had her fill of shopping. Today, we went to sidewalk sales at West Towne mall. More HEEL, SIT, DOWN, shop, HEEL, SIT, shop. Lisa was doing more shopping today, so Marley and I worked on DOWN STAY while seated in the center of the mall. She held her DOWN as people passed, kids yelled, and boxes were dropped. She did so well that we are sending her to Camp Morga for a vacation.

The interesting thing about our visit was that we were never approached and no one asked to pet the dog. This was much different than our experience on Tuesday in Janesville where even store clerks greeted our puppies.

Before the mall, I stopped at work for a few minutes to clean up one of my messes. Lisa and Marley waited in the lobby, since I had been told that I could not bring my dog to work. She said that the security guard received a call and then approached her about not allowing dogs in the building. Upon receiving the standard service/guide dog in training response, the guard told the person on the phone that we had a service dog.

No comments: