Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

July 24, 2009

New Dog

Marley's tail is fully functional and she never lost her appetite. The rest of her is still reacting slower than normal. We did get out for a walk down the block to stretch her legs a bit.


When I Got My New Dog
I asked for strength that I might rear her perfectly;
I was given weakness that I might feed her more treats.

I asked for good health that I might rest easy;
I was given a "special needs" dog that I might know nurturing.

I asked for an obedient dog that I might feel proud;
I was given stubbornness that I might feel humble.

I asked for compliance that I might feel masterful;
I was given a clown that I might laugh.

I asked for a companion that I might not feel lonely;
I was given a best friend that I would feel loved.

I got nothing I asked for,
But everything that I needed.

1 comment:

Lisa, Ellie and Hosta said...

oh, i love that poem - it's perfect.