Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

December 11, 2007

Buddy - Day 2

Isn't Bella a bulldozer when she comes when called! She can never just trot to you, even when I calmly say come. Buddy is much more refined. He has sure made himself at home, seems very comfortable here. However very different than Bella, she can be a little shadow. She has actually plopped on my foot while I was still walking! And when I'm cooking she plops right on my feet from stove, to sink, to prep area. Buddy stays out of my way. I've been in the kitchen making my cookie doughs (I make over 1000 cookies for Christmas!) Buddy was never in my way. Bella has to be right there.

We have not done the doggy door with Buddy, he just goes to the sliding door on the upper level that opens to a deck. Since that works for him, it works for me! He has been very good on letting me know that he needs to get out.

Do you have a Christmas tree with ornaments? Buddy has been taking our ornaments off and trying to eat them! I don't care about the ornaments, but I'm concerned about him getting hurt. I think he feels the tree is a huge fancy dog toy holder. He was funny this morning, trying to eat a gold glittered pine cone, he was all sparkly by the time we caught him.

Buddy has been very good for us. He just loves to play with toys. We do a little fetch now and then, he seems to enjoy that. We are having a lot of fun with Buddy. One of our favorites is how he loves to take squeaky toys and makes them squeak like crazy.

No outings today, in fact I called in because of the weather. The kids schools were closed today so Buddy will get lots of attention. Right now Buddy is chasing Stormy around. I don't think Stormy hates it as much as she lets on, when Buddy stops chasing her she looks at him, almost wondering why he stopped!

He wanted to go out with Fran and Jerry to help shovel so bad. Poor Buddy. He must have been jealous to see Stormy out there. He really was interested in Jerry's ATV. Jerry fired it up, Buddy was on the back deck. Buddy barked and barked at that mean monster. We are really impressed with Buddy's bark. So manly!

It's great that both dogs seem to go with the flow. They really are smart. And their futures as guide dogs looks pretty good if they adapt so quickly. If we had put Stormy in somebody's home, she would have been so homesick.

No comments: