Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

December 12, 2007

Buddy - Day 3

We had something weird happen last night. Abby was letting Stormy outside, and when she opened the door a bird flew into our house! We tried guiding him out the doors with a broom. Buddy helped by barking at the bird. Stormy prefers to pretend the bird is not in the house.

We turned on the ceiling fan and the bird got hit by that. It fell to the ground and when I went to get something to pick him up with he was gone! Very strange. I don't know if he made it out the door, or if one of the dogs got him. I don't think so, because I didn't see feathers around the dogs. One of those things you hope can only happen once.

Buddy is happily chewing on a bone right now. He had another good night. He is a very happy easy boy. He will be going to at least one wrestling meet on Friday, maybe another one on Saturday if our son is scheduled to wrestle. It's great training for them. Lots of noise, can't join in on the fun.

His favorite thing to do here, other than sneaking ornaments, is to fetch a tennis ball. He will do that about 5 times with me, very good on bringing it back. We've been working on sit, down stay, does just fine.

That darn bird. He must be a phoenix, because he is now chipper as ever right back on the ceiling fan, which I now have off. We have had birds fly in before, the neatest was when it was a hummingbird. We knew we had to get him out right away, they have to eat constantly to survive.

Buddy is much calmer than Bella when he gets out of the crate in the morning. I find myself bracing my legs when Bella gets out so I don't get knocked over.

I know what you mean by Bella getting on the couch for her loving. She knows its a "No No", so she tries to disguise it as affection! She plops her fat old self right on my lap. Buddy is much better about that. And they are happy dogs, aren't they! That's why I love labs.

I'm sure Bella is going to have fun on the carriage ride. I'm curious how she will do around the horses. She has shown very little fear or unease around anything except large animals like cows and horses. We've taken her to 4H fair a lot this past summer, we are in 4H. When we went through the dairy and horse barns, she would have a little hesitation. Not much, but she would walk slower and lean in against our legs. We would gently push her away and just stay in there.

Buddy did do something kind of sweet this morning. He somehow got a Christmas decoration from my wreath, I was unaware that he did that. He brought it to me and showed me, like he was asking if he could chew on that. I told him no, gently took it from him and gave him a toy that he could chew on. How polite!

No comments: