Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

December 11, 2010

Healthy

Nearing full recovery, we have increased Monte's activity. Thursday night he stayed outside while I shoveled. Since his foot was all wrapped up, he should be able to enjoy more than a five minute potty break. It proved to be a good opportunity to make friends with the shovel and learn to leave the tie out alone.

Last night we elongated our grocery shopping by bringing Monte along. Puppy wrangling and greetings add about fifteen minutes. His real world training has been significantly impacted. We have essentially lost a month, but will try to make it up the next few weeks. My goal is to get him out and about about every day until New Year's Day.

Today he accompanied me to pick up some more bandages (no toys this time) and a quick trip for more groceries. We have enough food to survive a two month blizzard.

On a personal note, I went for my first run since last winter. It was especially difficult because I haven't been going on my daily dog training walk. Monte's exercise restrictions have negatively impacted my health. Even though the weather wasn't very nice it was great to be outside in the fresh air. In addition to being good bonding/training, a daily walk with your dog will improve your mental and physical health. We went for a short walk when I returned home.

Monte will be the perfect running partner this winter.

No comments: