Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

December 24, 2010

Remarkable

It's quite remarkable what dogs can be trained to do, how quickly they are able to pick things up, and how sensitive they are to the emotions/energy of people. I was reminded of this yesterday when Monte and I were out for our run. After only three prior runs following the same route, Monte was able to identify the correct direction as we approached the turns on our route.

I want to make my point clear, all dogs are remarkable and Monte's behavior only reminded me of this. Although, I think that Monte is a special creature, he has yet to prove himself to be useful for anything other than a foot warmer.

The last dog we mentored, Banjo, exhibited a similar behavior. After one day in a new environment, our hotel in Washington DC, he was able to identify the route from the elevator to our room and vice versa.

No comments: