Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

January 6, 2009

Road Rallye?

Woof!

Mom took me to my first Rally class last night. At first I did not understand what "Rally" was…."rally around the Maypole"? "Rally around the Flag"? "Football Rally"? What? I found out it was a class where I learned different obedience skills. At first, a lady talked and talked and talked about what Rally was…
Then, mom was given a "Clicker thingee" and she bounced a ball. Mom was supposed to Click when the ball bounced off of the floor. Supposedly it helped her with "timing". I turned on my secret X-Ray eyes to help her see the ball, be the ball, feel the ball - but it didn't help.

Then, she tied my leash to her waist. She was not allowed to touch it at all to guide me the rest of the class. That was funny! Mom not holding my leash! She asked me to sit, down while walking, and sit in the heel position. I kept wanting to move out of a nice heel, so I could see her better. Mom kept telling me to "find heel",,,,find what heel??? Overall, I had a great time!



But it was exhausting - that night I fell asleep on Stitch's blankie, but she didn't seem to mind.

Today, Evan, my favorite little person came over in the morning. The afternoon was reserved for hanging around with my buddies. Even Juno settled in.
But she was getting pet, Reggie was hogging Mom time on the floor...what's a pup to do? As the Dog Whisperer once said, "You need to claim your space" to be the pack leader - so I did.Well,

Woof Woof for now!

Lap Dog Slick

No comments: