Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

February 22, 2009

New Gal Pal

Woof,


A wonderful day in the neighborhood.

Yesterday started off as a real bummer. Mom and Dad left yesterday, without me!!! What did I do wrong, I've been a pretty good pup. As I waited, contemplating my fate, eventually I heard them come home. When the door opened, I saw a black streak come by me and what did I see. Lilly came to visit me!!

Mom told me it was for another rotation, but I've been watching and she hasn't rolled over once yet. Maybe they need to teach her to roll?? Anyhow, finally someone came to visit that knows how to play in the snow with me. We just ran and ran for a while, covered in snow. Then when we were real tired, Reggie and Stitch came out to play and we got our second wind - playing and running.

Today wasn't quite as much fun. After getting a good run outside, we came inside...well most of us. I knew if I came inside all the playtime would be over, so I burrowed down in the snow and hid - for a while. Eventually I did come in.

Then we went off to West Towne and we practiced being good under the table - Mom said Lilly was better at ignoring food on the floor than me...hrumph.

Then we walked around and saw another service dog and I really wanted to go play, but Dad made me lay down and stay while the dog was sooooo close. Mom said Lilly was better at ignoring the other dog than me...hrumph. When my torture was over we went to some benches and I practiced backwards "unders". Mom said I was better than Lilly at backward unders...nanny nanny boo boo.

Finally it was time to go home. Once I finally got the blanket arranged well in the back seat I laid down and Lilly had a nice pillow. She smells nice and I like her. After teaching her the secret handshake I admitted her officially into the pack.

Slick

No comments: