Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

November 15, 2008

My White Shadow

Echo and I had an opportunity to play with bubbles. Just wanted to verify that his phobia has been cured. He literally attacks them as Buddy watches and wonders what the big deal is. They can't taste good, but he enjoys it so we may delay teaching him to to LEAVE them alone.

Since Lisa has assumed the leadership responsibilities for Echo, I have more time to work with Buddy. We took two hour long walks to work on HEELing, not crying when he sees other dogs in the park, and recalls off leash. He learns very quickly when I can focus. Too much walking for Buddy though, he slept all evening.

While Buddy slept, my white shadow followed me from room to room all night. Every time I got up I felt guilty. I tried walking out quietly, but he always heard me. Eventually I reverted to telling Echo to STAY if it was a quick trip. After brushing him, I cradled him until he went to sleep. Unless I remove myself completely, it's going to be difficult for Lisa to break our bond and become his pack leader.

No comments: