Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

November 22, 2008

Torture and Reward

Woof!


Well, a couple days ago I was put through major torture (for my own good they said) - Ha! I had to go and watch fluff-face get to play for an hour and not move a muscle - Ha!


I only moved when a bunch of them came roaring past the fence - I'm pleading puppy drive. I was told I wasn't being very good in a down-stay, but what's a pup to do - so many playthings...so little time.


At least I got to try some agility stuff later (I luv that tunnel!!).


Then today was the big day, I guess. Well, at least Mom was pretty proud of me today! I passed my CGC test at Badger Kennel Club.

First of all, mom signed up with some lady that gave her a piece of paper on a clip-board. Then, we went to talk to one lady who said “hi” while mom asked me to sit nicely. Then I was brushed. I was not allowed to sniff or lick the person who was brushing me. Then, off to down-stay and sit. After I sat, mom called me… that was easy. I ran to her really fast!!!!

But the hard part was when a nice chocolate lab was brought into the ring along with another person. At first I thought it came to play with me (I looked at it really close, with a lot of pizzazz),,,,but mom said that when we walked up to the lady with the chocolate lab I had to sit and be nice. So I was. The easiest part for me, of course, was when a really nice lady came and took me out of mom’s sight for three minutes. The lady pet me and talked to me. Being a lab, I did not even notice that mom was gone.

Mom was so happy with me that she gave me a big hug. Tonight we went out to dinner to celebrate with some friends.

I wonder if I can take the test again next week?

Slick

No comments: