Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

July 13, 2008

Camp Morga

Lisa and I went away for a NASCAR weekend and couldn't take Echo due to the noise level. So Echo stayed at Camp Morga. Marlene has always given advice on the appropriateness of situations and has taken care of our trainee when we encounter situations that would be overwhelming. Thank You Marlene.

Instead of spending a boring weekend with us, Echo was able to go to "camp" with a few friends. Over the weekend Buddy, Archie, Roxie, Skeeter, Envy, Dually, and Reggie were all there. They splashed, wrestled, tugged, sniffed, and chased all weekend. The older dogs help instruct the puppies in appropriate behavior better than we can.

The dogs always return home completely exhausted:


After they rested for a little while this afternoon, we walked over to the annual soccer tournament in Oregon. This was a great opportunity to meet and greet new people and a few dogs. Echo met his daily quota of twenty new people, however almost all the greeters were female. This seems to be a trend that we need to balance.

We also stopped at the playground to work Echo on some of the equipment. He didn't have any issues with the wobbly bridge or the wiggly plank. And he repeatedly raced back and forth through the plastic tube. We are getting him ready to be the star of his puppy class :-).

1 comment:

bobbiz said...

Hello there Little Sir Echo -- a name that seems to fit since you look so much like me. I, too, enjoy looking at my own reflection and I just happen to be your papa DuBay!

It's great that you are living with Lisa and Jeff and able to teach them so much. My humans aren't nearly as astute as yours, but I've grown attached to their idiosyncrasies. I even taught them to give me treats when they use the vacuum cleaner, which they don't use nearly often enough to suit me. One of them acts as my secretary, while the other one is my hunting partner. They are coming along fairly well, but I work with them everyday!

Son, I look forward to seeing how your humans continue to progress. And I must say that your photos look like they came right out of my very own album!

Your anthropomorphic papa, DuBay