Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

July 20, 2008

Welcome Slick

Adding a little color back into the blog, we welcome Slick. He is an 11 week old male, being raised in Cross Plains by Mark and Barb.



This weekend we had Evan our 18 month old grandson over…It was fun to watch Slick and Evan play together. One game they played was when Slick and Evan were on the floor together. Evan would roll a ball to Slick, and then Slick would gently push it back to Evan with his nose. What a hoot!



Evan (who can walk fairly well), then crawled closer to Slick and “play bowed”. Slick then “puppy bowed” back. The only way I would believe it is that I saw it with my own eyes. “Play bows” must be a universal invitation to play! Slick is soooo gentle with Evan. No “nibbling” or jumping.


"I used to look at [my dog] Smokey and think, 'If you were a little smarter you could tell me what you were thinking,' and he'd look at me like he was saying, 'If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to.'" - Fred Jungclaus

No comments: