Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

July 29, 2008

Stairs

Well, mom and dad did not take me to visit the nursing home today because dad had a cough. He did not want to give anything to the residents. I was so disappointed!
But, mom took me for a walk in Cross Plains before breakfast. While I was walking on the sidewalk, I met a girl’s scout troop who was sitting on a curb. They were getting ready to go on a camp out. With mom’s liver, I walked right by them (mostly)…… I wanted to say “Hi”, but the liver was just too much to resist. One of the troop chaperones was a lab breeder and she said that I had a very pretty head and was very well behaved. I demonstrated my “sit” and “down” to them.

Breakfast was at our favorite place, Shelton’s, in Cross Plains. We sat at a table in the middle of the restaurant so I could watch people pass by. I was so good that the “regulars” asked: “Where’s Slick?” Of course, I was just laying under the table….I was asleep, as usual. My favorite little person, Evan, and his dad also ate with us.. So many feet to look at!

Mom and dad wanted a light for the front yard, so we went to Menard’s. Did you know that Menard’s has stairs that don’t have a back on them? You can see right thru to the other side!!! AND they are TALL! As the electrical supplies are on the 2nd floor, I needed to walk UP and DOWN the stairs. At first I was not sure… but mom brought my favorite treat, liver (yum) and dad went up the stairs first to show me that it was OK. It took me less than a minute to determine that going up the stairs with a treat was a good thing to do. It was a little harder going down the stairs… but once again dad went first to show me that it was “OK”. Everybody at Menard’s thought I was a very cute pup.



Sincerely,
Slick

No comments: