Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

July 31, 2010

Cover my ears.

It's Hailey again. My people are being a bit of a trial. After going out on some errands with my mom, we went with my grandparents to a restaurant. Now, this was no ordinary restaurant. First of all, there was a huge birthday party, and secondly, they were being serenaded by a mariachi band. The band spent most of the time with their back to my person, making lots of noise. So it was a little hard to nap. One child came up and asked to pet me, and we became friends. But then the birthday party people started singing with the band, and it was so loud, I wanted to cover my ears.
Since I was, as my mom puts it, "at the end of my tether" when we got home, I ran around, ate, and then we went for a long walk. We've been working on the loose leash thing, but it's been a little hard for me. But after I tried to take off for a rabbit, and got corrected, and having a little collar change, I kept the leash loose so well that my mom put me back on my favorite collar for the walk home. And I got to sleep in my favorite spot -- on my blanket. My mom keeps it in a pile with worn clothes and shoes, which are all my favorites for sleeping. So we'll end with two pictures: me sleeping upside down on my blanket, and me conked out with my head on one of mom's shoes.

No comments: