Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

July 26, 2010

Dayton finally speaks

Hey Everyone!

I'm finally flexing my paws a bit and trying out my skills as a literary genius.

So, you haven't really heard from me before, because of something to do with being technically challenged, or something. I really don't know.

Anyways, I'm about four and a half months old, and I'm trying to be a really smart german shepherd. My raiser seems to think I'm doing a pretty good job at that. I get to learn a lot from Kirby. She's already a guide dog, but someone said something about her being the wrong brand, or something. Whatever! She's really smart, but I guess she was trained by these seeing eyes out in New Jersey, or something, and I've got OccuPaws, but we're buddies anyways. She lets me chew on her face and everything! She snubs me if I try to do that while her harness is on, though.

We'll work on getting pictures in here, but again, something about technical challenges, or something, and I guess my raiser thinks she can't take very good photos of us.

Today, we went to a restaurant, and it was boring. I had to lay nicely under a chair with my head on my raiser's foot. She doesn't like when I lick the floor for some reason, but I thought I was supposed to work, and I thought that if I cleaned the floors, I'd cut back on the work for those people with mops, but what do I know. I'm just a kid, after all.

So, after that round of boringness where Kirby explained to me that the right thing to do is to be boring, we went to Petsmart, and I was really good. I wanted to bark at this little huffy dog, but I decided to just mumble to myself a bit, and I got all these "good boy!"s, so I think I did that right.

I met Santa yesterday, and I thought I was supposed to chew on him, because he was furry, just like Kirby! They said I couldn't, though, so I sat nicely with him and got my picture taken.

Okay, well, I haven't chewed on Kirby's face for like twenty minutes, so I really got to go. I'll try to write again soon!

Wags,
Dayton

No comments: