Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

April 11, 2009

Bones

Hello again! It's me, Echo.

Barb and Mark, my temporary mom and dad helped me meet some very nice visually impaired kids and adults on Friday at East Towne in Madison. There was a girl who was about 7 or so that was so nice, she liked to pet me. I was very good. A boy about 14 was there too… mom and dad helped Dale take the boy for a "test drive" to see how he might like working with a guide dog. Mom and dad led Dale around, and the young man held onto the harness. The young girl also walked with Dale. Promise was there too! Promise of course was the hit because she is cute. I used to be cute too!



Then yesterday, Dale, Nikki, Promise and I went to Michelle's house where we practiced down, sit, down, sit, stand, stay, stay, stay, stay. Moby, and Bodie, their mom and dad, and Marlene were there too. (Promise did not stay, sit, down,,,she was just being her usual puppy self..) Michelle showed us her rat terrier too! He ran around the building a lot.

Of course, there was a lot of human "blah, blah, blah".

And I guess I past another milestone, I think. Last night I got to sleep in the bedroom with Stitch and Reggie (I shared a blanket with Stitch). It was pretty weird cuz they were not very neat - shoes and socks and clothes were on the floor and I guess they were happy since I left everything alone - go figure. And I didn't move or make a sound until the puppy woke us all up about 4:30 to go potty. I didn't have to go, I just went back to sleep. It's amazing how happy humans get when I just sleep quiet.

I understand that I am going to have pictures of my bones taken on Monday. I wonder if I need to put on make-up for that? Maybe I don't need that, because, I am naturally HANDSOME!

Hope you have a good Easter!

Echo

2 comments:

Puppy Raiser said...

Very happy to hear our Echo is showing his "true" colors, maybe the adult brain found the ON switch finally--of course, we knew he was smart all along!Give him a high 5 from us (a high 4 in Echo's case!) Hi from DC & Happy Easter,see you soon. Lisa & Jeff

OGDA Puppy Raiser said...

It took me two days to "get used to things" but once I settled in I relaxed. This morning I was laying on my side and Promise pounced on me. I just laid there mellow and calm and played quietly :-)

I'll have to see how I do when the house fills up later today, but I know I'll be good.

Echo