Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

April 5, 2009

Speaking for myself

Hey everyone, it's me, Echo saying "Hello again"! I can't believe I'm getting to do the talking!!!

I am going to stay a week or two with Promise at the Schultze's house. I took advantage of the ride to their house, and took a nice long nap.

Yesterday was my first day at the Schultze's, and I am learning the ropes. I already knew about staying off of counters, or beds or couches, so that part was easy. I also already knew that I have to be quiet in the house - no barking, more easy stuff. I love all the bones and big dog chew toys they have. it is Paradise!

I really like their back yard because they have a large Jolly Ball! I can carry it all around the yard , toss it in the air and catch it! My foster mom, Barb, says it is a great toy because I can't swallow it and irritate my tender tummy.

I like to play with the other dogs that live here too! Their names are Stitch, Reggie, and a little tiny dog named Promise….She is just a puppy.

Yesterday during the day I just could not find a place to lay down and settle. This house is just not like Jeff and Lisa's house…. But I was able to sleep last night in a crate in the kitchen and be very quiet. This morning I went to breakfast at Shelton's with them and was VERY, VERY good. I'm a different dog with my vest on - I know when it's business. I went under the table and stayed. Mom and dad were very happy with me.

Mom and dad did have to remind me not to go thru any doors without permission. I have to sit and wait until permission is given to pass thru the door. That part is really hard! I KNOW that is what I am supposed to do, but I forget it sometimes. It's pretty tempting to just want to run and play. I also wanted to lick mom to show my appreciation when she leaned over to pick up some socks off of the floor. She reminded me that was NOT permitted no matter how sweet.

Overall, I have had a pretty good 24 hours here. I'm much quieter tonight so I just have a little more adjusting to do. It really helps when the border collie Reggie runs and runs with me and if I do enough puppy bows I bet that Golden will run with me more too!!

Echo

No comments: