Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

April 19, 2009

Skool Daze

Hello Fellow Pups!

I have had a very interesting few days.

First of all Nikki, Dale, Echo, Marlene, Marley, mom and dad and I went to visit lots of kids in a grade school in Beloit.


The kids sat on the floor while Nikki talked about what it is like to have a wonderful guide dog like Dale. She talked about how blind people use guide dogs to give them confidence and to walk quickly from place to place.

I thought it was interesting because someday I might grow up to be a Guide Dog too. But I have a LONG way to go, I'm just a little pup!


With dad or Marlene leading Dale or Echo, they demonstrated what it is like to walk with a guide dog to a couple of teachers.



After awhile, Marley and I were more interested in playing with each other than listening to all that human blah, blah blah. But at the very end of two assemblies, the kids pet us…and pet us… WOW! We were in doggie heaven.



Then, did you know that there are little crawly creatures in the grass? Mom and dad call them "bugs". I just think that they are fun to watch. Mom and dad don't think so because I forget to go potty when I am watching the bugs crawl around.

Our house also makes a funny gurgling noise when it rains. There is a long tube at the side of the house that makes noise. At the end of the tube, water comes out…as if my magic! Mom says that it is called a "gutter" and when it rains really hard, the gutter will make even more noise…. interesting….But I still like the bugs better-yum!

Well, I hope to see all my fellow pups at Culver's at the Beltline and Todd Drive on Monday!

Sincerely,

Promise

No comments: