Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

April 2, 2009

Busy busy

Hello fellow pups,


It's been a busy couple of days - Moby and I got to meet up with Tyler and Tanner Tuesday night.



We got pet while the humans spent the entire evening blah blah blah blah blah and then more blah blah. Finally we both got to demonstrate when Moby, Lilly and I have been learning. How to walk on the right side while a child (who cannot see well) holds our harnesses with their left hand.



We took several spirited walks and then the counselors blind-folded the parents and we took then for walks. It was great fun. Finally we posed for some family pictures.


Tanner had quite a good hold of old Moby.

Then today, before Lilly left our pack, she and I went to Menard's to practice those scary open stairs again. Lilly had done it before and was quite the showoff.


I was smart enough to refuse momentarily before finally summoning the courage to begin my ascent. What I was not told was the open sides are somewhat disconcerting.


I did, with the help of rymthmic breathing, settle myself and continue the walk.



Lastly, we spent the ENTIRE afternoon in the kennels whilst the counselors took Miss Lilly to her new home to begin her career as a Canine Visual Companion Dog for a young lad who has lost most of his sight. For now, they are just learning to be pals and will begin the task of training the parents later this month.


I have also been told, Moby and I will be returning to the Ward Household to each begin our CVCD life with Tanner and Tyler. I am certainly looking forward to the reunion.


All for Now,

Bodie

No comments: