Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

April 7, 2009

Settling in too!

Hello again! It's me, Echo!

I had a fun day today. First of all, we played "find it". Mom hid my favorite toy, the Jolly Ball. Then she asked me to find it. At first I did not understand that I was supposed to find it AND bring it to her. But, we figured that out now. WOW was that fun! She hid it in every room in the house, but I always found it. Waiting for her to say OK, find it was easy.




Bringing it back, bringing it back....




Then, we went to thousands of stores, in the car, out of the car, in the car…


We were delivering pieces of paper that said "Culver's on the Beltline", and then something about a fund raiser on April 20 from 4 - 7. I guess she wanted everybody to know about that. We even ate at Culver's…



It looked yummy, but, alas, no food for me! Mom said I was very good and did exactly what she asked me to.

To make the day complete, my little buddy (Promise) and I play tug with rope and other tug toys too!


She pulls, and I just stand there and hold the toy in my mouth. If I pull too hard, she falls over!


Sometimes I watch her play with Stitch. Stitch, a Golden Retriever, rolls over on her back, and Promise jumps on her. More fun. Here she is pretending to be a rabbit - I recall being a little too interested in rabbits so she's helping me.



The one thing that I seem to have trouble figuring out though is that Mom and Dad don't like it when I bring them toys (after toy) after playtime is over. I don't understand, I bring them toys, get really close, pant at them, and say (with my eyes) "please take this, and throw it so we can play some more". When I continue to do that after mom or dad say "no" they will sometimes put me on a "down/stay", or worse, put me in my crate. I am very persistent, and REALLY want them to play with me… after all, I am a Labrador RETRIEVER… Get it RETRIEVER, Labrador…… I guess you just have to be here to understand.

That's all for now,

Echo

1 comment:

Kathy said...

So I haven't had time to read each blog yet, but I scrolled through the pics and the one of Promise as a bunny is tooo cute!. I seriously thought it was a rabbit at first. TOOO precious!