Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

March 25, 2010

Exercise

The last couple days we have increased our outdoor exercise and Banjo too. We have been to the playground walking across wobbly bridges, going through tunnels, slipping down slides, and walking the balance beam. Banjo traversed a shaky plank better than any of our other dogs, eventually going it alone. After playtime, we continued working on the emergency down and tested his above average prey drive with waddling ducks, barking dogs, rolling skateboards, flying soccer balls, bouncing tennis balls, and running children.

He seems to enjoy getting outside and loves his exercise. He is always attentive and readies himself as we put on our shoes and coat.

Last night as I rode the bike indoors, Banjo laid down on the treadmill and begrudgingly watched me pedal, practicing his DOWN STAY. Tonight he followed me downstairs and stood on the treadmill. Relenting to his sad eyes and curious, I turned on the treadmill and he walked for a few minutes while I watched him. I was surprised at how well he did, until Lisa mentioned that she and Banjo have been walking together indoors for the last week .

No comments: