Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

October 3, 2008

Big Stretch

Hello out there!

Yesterday was a quiet day. Mom and dad thought that I needed a “day off”. After all, I am a puppy. So, while they ran around town for a few hours, I slept in my crate back home (boring). Then, they spent the rest of the day either with dad on the computer, or mom working on a quilt. I think mom even took a short nap.

Today started out with mom trimming my toenails. She used to trim my nails with the little clippers that humans use on their toes. But today she said that I have graduated to “big dog” toenail clippers, and she used the same clippers she uses on my housemates. Then we went off to breakfast with my favorite little person, Evan, Mike (one of mom’s puppies) and dad. We went to my favorite place, Shelton’s. When we were there, this really nice lady (she's the one who always brings out some food, but never drops any - darn) gave mom and dad a couple of things for the Barktoberfest raffle. One item is a hand made afghan; the other is a hand made solid oak DVD holder. Mom and dad were very grateful for the donation and will make sure to get it to Nikki.

Then we went to Walcott’s Sewing and Vacuum by East Towne mall in Madison. They are having a big sale because they are closing. Mom is sad about the store closing because some of her friends work there. I’m sad because I always get lots of pets when I visit. Dad is not a big fan of sewing machines, so he went to Menard’s to “man shop”. I stayed with mom as I love it when the ladies fawn over me.

Because we were on the east side of town, we decided to go to the house with no walls. While we were there, mom put me in a soft-sided crate with a bone to keep me busy. She took me for a couple short walks while we were there, so it wasn’t all bad. But, boy was there a lot of noise, hammering, sawing, and some words that I had not heard before…am I supposed to learn what those mean too??? Are they new commands?

Home we went after that, where I stretched out in my favorite spot.




Last night I fooled mom when she took me for my last potty of the night. I went pee, and then came in for the night. But a few minutes later, I told dad I needed to go out again. So, out I went to poop. I just wanted to see what they would do. It was fun watching them decide who was going to take me out again after they both were in bed and it was sooo cold outside.

By the way, most nights I am still sleeping outside of my crate. If I wake up in the early morning (rather than sleeping until 6:00) mom and dad have an agreement that dad takes me outside to go potty. Dad tells mom that it is Stitch, one of my canine housemates that lures me awake. But I know better…it is just time to get up! Doesn’t the clock say 5:00?

Your friend, Slick

No comments: