Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

October 1, 2008

Monsters in the closet!!!

I have had a very interesting couple of days.

Yesterday, I went to a house that mom and dad are working on, and was put in a portable crate while Mom, Dad, Mindy, Dan, Mike made lots of noise, tearing down even MORE walls and nails. I thought the house was supposed to be put back together, not taken apart more! Evan was in a playpen next to me, so we kept each other company. How come his crate doesn't have a top, huh? Once in awhile mom or dad would take me outside for a quick walk. Later I went to a lumber yard to help pick out some 2 X 4s. After working on the house, mom and dad just hung around home.

Last night dad started a fire in a black box with a pipe coming out of the top. Mom said the house was a little chilly, and wanted it warmed up. At first, it looked like something that I tried to catch outside, like fireflies, but mom said that was not a good idea.

Today, we went to breakfast. I was put under a very small table again. Mom says I have to learn to “get small” and I can’t always stretch out while waiting for them to eat. Then we went to the house with holes in the walls to check on some “measurements”. Mom and I walked around outside while dad measured. Then, off to Home Depot for some more “talk”, “talk”, “talk” with the people that work there. We went up and down the isles. Mom had me sit/stay, and down/stay while we occasionally had to wait for questions to be answered. Mom is not happy with how I like to “taste” and “sniff” everything on the floor. Don't tell her, but I managed to carry around a big piece of tape for a while...I was trying to spit it out, but it stuck to my face. She has no sense of humor - I think that she is getting “perturbed” (what ever that means).

After Home Depot, I needed a rest, so we met Mindy and Dan at Red Robin. The people there are SO friendly! Once again, mom did not want me to sniff the floor. I can tell this is going to be a real problem for her - I was just trying to tidy up! Then, off to Sears for some more “blah, blah, blah”.

When we got home, mom had a monster that grabbed her hand. It was scary and purple. For some reason, I decided that I did not like the sound and went to the other room. Mom saw that, and do you know what?? She lost her mind again like when she lost the car and she put my dinner by the purple puppy eater when it was screaming.


She said that she is going to do that every mealtime until the 'cuum thingie does not bother me any more. Isn’t that terrible? Maybe I should call puppy welfare services and report her.

We had another fire in the stove again tonight. It is so nice and warm that I like to stretch out on a blanket and enjoy the heat.

That is all for tonight, so off to bed.

Your friend, Slick


No comments: