Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

October 8, 2008

Torture....

Woof! Woof!

Today started out with a car ride first to Waunakee, and then to drop off some prizes for the Barktoberfest Raffle at Nikki’s house. I did not get out of the car at Nikki’s because we had Evan in the car and mom did not want to leave him in the car alone.

Then we went to breakfast in the Jet Room at the Madison Airport. I went under the table and was good, as usual. Evan kept wanting to feed me under the table, but dad kept an eye on Evan, and mom kept an eye on me…..no people food!

Then, home for a little while before going to Walcott’s to visit with the ladies there. Mom had a creative sewing club, and had me back under a chair and wait (again) while the ladies “blahed, blahed”.




Doesn’t mom know that I would much rather go from person to person, receiving lots of pets than being quiet under a chair??? BORING!

Finally, tonight, mom decided to “torture” me. We were practicing “leave it”. She placed treats on both my paws while I was in the “down” position and then had me ignore the food. That was really hard!



I still don’t understand why I have to “leave” certain items. Puppies learn by tasting…doesn’t she know that??? I don’t know how I am going to train her to let me taste everything. She just does not seem to understand. Leave it, drop it, give, no, drop it, leave it, zzzzzzzz.......

That’s all for now!

Slick

No comments: