Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

October 16, 2008

Eye Spy

Upon entering the library this evening, we met an eight year old boy. He was so sweet and said that he wasn't going to pet Echo; he really wanted to but couldn't. He just wanted to know his name. He said that he couldn't pet Echo because he was there with a group and they were not allowed.

I grabbed the paper and we sat down. I could see the boy watching us from afar. A short time later, he and a friend stopped by to ask a question. "How old is Echo?" He noted that his dog is older and more yellow than Echo. He left but kept an eye on us.

Then I spied him out of the corner of my eye. He was crouching down behind the closest bookshelf and watching us through the books. A librarian came by and asked if she could help him find something. He said "No", but was undeterred and kept watching.

He stopped by again to ask one my favorite question, "Is Echo blind?" After my negative response he asked if I was blind. From my brief explanation he deduced that I wouldn't keep him forever. Before we left, we had another visit from our little friend. He asked how often we come to the library and what time. My guess is that we will probably see him again.

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Oh how sweet , puts a tear in my eye !! We all meet such nice people out and about with our dogs . Good chance for PR . Always carry brochures to pass out . Keep up the good work, love reading your adventures ....