Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

October 11, 2008

Leave it

Woof!

Yesterday I went to the zoo with Evan and Mom. We did very well, except I did not like the smell of the polar bears. I put my tail and ears down, but kept my nose “going”. Mom hung around the polar bear exhibit for a little while, but Evan got antsy and wanted to see more. So today dad, mom and I went back to the zoo and hung around the polar bear exhibit even more. By the time we left today, I discovered that polar bears only smell “funny”. Dad did most of the walking today, while mom took pictures.





Did you know humans are not very original? Everytime we went by little kids, Dad always said hi to the family... and they were always named the same..."Leave it", "no", and "uhuh". Can't they be a little more original??

Yesterday I also went to lunch at a new place in Cottage Grove. I think it is called the “Black Bear”. Mom tries to take me to new places all the time so nothing will bother me when I start to “work” for somebody. So far what “work” there has been is easy and fun.

Today was my third CGC class. I have so much fun there! Today while the entire class of pups were in a “down/stay”, a beach ball was bounced up and down in front of us. We were supposed to “stay”. I blinked and looked at the ball, but did not leave my “down/stay”. We also did “sit/stay”, “stand”, grooming on a low table, “heel”, “spiral heel”, “about face”, polite greetings and an “inside turn”.




Mom just finished giving me a bath while dad works on the Occupaws ID cards to hand out tomorrow. I want to be clean and neat for Barktoberfest. I hope you guys are going. It should be a lot of fun! I am good in the bath (although it is not my favorite thing). But afterwards I want to run up and down the hallway. It feels so good to be clean and out of the tub.

Hope to see you tomorrow!

Your friend, Slick

No comments: