Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

September 28, 2008

Going to the Bigs

I met some cool new friends today at my first CGC class today. There are five of us dogs that are aspiring to receive our CGC...plus the instructor is very good.


I think today was mostly a review to see what we knew. Sit, stay, down, heel, stepping onto and sitting nicely on a platform that could be a grooming station, and mom leaving my sight for a little while. We had picked up Nikki and her border collie before we went to class so they could practice obedience in one of the rings. After class when we dropped Nikki back home, I had a chance to meet and really greet her border collie.


She was SOOO nice - I think she likes me.

After that, mom kept me pretty busy. First we went to Walgreen’s to get a picture of me, as part of a fund-raiser for the Delta Society.


Then we met Mindy (mom’s puppy) and Dan (Mindy’s mate), Mindy’s canine children, and Mike (mom’s puppy) and Christine (his mate) at to the Capitol Brewery’s Dogtoberfest fund-raiser for the Humane Society. There were lots and lots of dogs! At first mom was not sure if I should go, but Nikki convinced her that it would be a good experience for me. And, as usual, Nikki was right.


Lots of people told mom what a good dog I was, so well behaved, AND how handsome I was. We passed out lots of Occupaws business cards too. So it was a good day for Occupaws and me.

After a little rest at home, we met mom and dad’s friends, Joe and Karen at Chili’s for supper. At dinner, at first, I was very good, but for some reason near the end of dinner I was “antsy”. I just could not stay in a “down” position. As mom and dad were done with dinner and just “talking” and “talking” and “talking” mom and dad decided to leave. I don’t know why I was antsy, I did not have to go ”potty”, but I think the position I was in next to the table was pretty small, and I felt “squished” in. It was also the end of a long day.

That’s all for today.

Your friend, Slick

No comments: