Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

September 26, 2008

Helping confused humans

Mom and dad took me to our usual breakfast “hangout”, Shelton’s in Cross Plains. Unlike Echo’s experience at some restaurant where he was asked to leave at first, the folks at Shelton’s absolutely love to see me. Poor Echo! He must have been so embarrassed. Oh, well, I guess that is our job too, to teach everybody about the role service dogs have in society.

Then, off to Menard’s, where mom and dad wandered the building looking for something….Mom left dad in one department, when she and I walked thru the pet department (making sure I don’t take any dog treats) and then to the garage door area.


Mom lost her opener, so we had to buy another. The store is so large that mom could not find her way out, so she asked me to “find outside”, that was after she couldn’t find which bathroom stall to use. I am confused too about what “find outside” means, but I was better than her, as mom asked me to walk ahead of her and go first.

Then, off to Copp’s grocery store where we wandered the isles, and once again mom told me to “find outside”. Doesn’t mom know what door to go in and out of? After all, I am still a puppy. We eventually found our way out while dad was paying the check out clerk. (I don’t understand why she tapped the outside door, does that help her remember where “outside” is?


In the parking lot, mom was SO lost that she couldn’t find the car. What is a puppy to do???? I couldn’t find it either! Dad had to help. He tapped the car after we found it. That tapping a found object MUST be for mom. After a short nap, mom practiced finding the car with only our car parked in the driveway. Maybe she can find it on her own now.


Mindy is going to come over with her canine children tonight, so I should have a good time!

Your friend,
Slick

No comments: