Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

September 16, 2008

(Too) Strong Bond

Tonight we walked Echo and Buddy together. Lisa was working with Echo and I had Buddy. Everything was going fine and we were working on SIT and DOWN commands. We switched order so that Echo would lead for awhile and later Buddy would.

About half way through our walk, Echo started looking back toward Buddy and me. He was not walking very good. Just like in the grocery store a couple weeks ago where he seemed fixated on me.

Trying to give Lisa some one-on-one time and an easier time walking, Buddy and I turned the corner and went down a different street. Echo was alone with Lisa, but he really wanted to follow Buddy and me. A block away we heard Echo whining, crying out, and squeaking. He eventually settled down, until he saw us at the next street and the process was repeated.

It appears that Echo has bonded too well with either Buddy or myself ...


UPDATE: Based on our experiment this evening - It's Buddy

No comments: