Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

September 23, 2008

Zzzzzzzz

“Lazy”, that is what mom called me today at the nursing home. I kept wanting to lay down, rather than stand up to be pet. Doesn’t’ she know that it is better to lay down and be pet, than stand? Much more relaxing!


But she fooled me. She started to give treats to the residents, so they held the treat in their hand. Then I had to stand to get the treat…pretty sneaky. But the residents really enjoyed giving the treats to me, so it was not too hard to stand. Funny thing though, the treats tasted like my own dog food. As I usually meet people in a room that is used as a cafeteria, there are really nice smelling things on the floor. Mom did not want me to taste anything on the floor.


There was also a really neat fly that kept “circling” as I greeted people. I liked to watch it, but I could not catch it because mom would not let me.


After the nursing home, she let me play in the backyard with my canine housemates, followed by a brief nap. Then, off to a house that has broken walls inside where all mom, Mindy and dad did was: talk, talk, talk, and take “measurements”. We went to Home Depot after that. A few times ago (when I was a lot younger) I pooped on the floor in Home Depot (it is a concrete floor, so it was not so bad), so mom made SURE that I was “good to go” when we went inside. More standing around, talking and walking up and down isles….boring..boring…

Mom and dad are finished running around, so they are going to let me rest, play with my friends, and “do my thing” for the rest of the day

Your lazy friend, Slick

No comments: