Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

September 8, 2008

Mall Crawl

Today it was raining, so rather than taking a walk outside, mom took me to West Town to walk inside. We practiced “find the stall”, “stay” with distractions, “sit”, “leave it”, “look” at things in the middle of the walk way, and of course, friendly greetings (who doesn’t want to pet a puppy like me?).


I found a great big bear, so mom thought it would be fun to take a picture next to it.


After a great nap, mom and dad took me to Janesville to visit with my Occupaws friends.



At the Janesville mall, I practiced trying to ignore the other puppies (that is sure hard), not sniffing on the floor, polite greetings, “find the elevator”, getting on and off the elevator, sitting quietly under a table in the food court, “find the stall”, and looking at objects that were in the middle of the floor, or that I had to avoid.

One of the other puppies made a "Mr. Stinky” so everybody had to help clean up. Dad offered to take the offending pup outside, but he went down a “dead end” corridor, so “the offending pup made a trail of more “stinkies” as he made a hasty U-Turn. The staff at the mall was very nice, and helped us clean up. I think mom and dad are going to get a small bottle of cleaner to carry along, or some sanitizing wipes, just in case I make a mess next time.



Sigh, puppies will be puppies.

Well off to bed!

No comments: