Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

September 21, 2008

Toot Toot

Another great day in Cross Plains!

Yesterday, in Cross Plains, there was an antique car and steam engine show! The steam engines blew their horns, chugged away made steam, Model A’s and Model T’s chugged and honked, and there were pet dogs on pulling on their leashes. Did I care about the noise and other dogs? Not a bit. I just walked alongside mom and dad and took in all the sights.





When the steam engine whistles blared, I looked and listened, when the cars putted by, I watched. When dogs pulled toward me, mom said “leave it”, even though it was VERY hard, and I wanted to say “hi” to other dogs, I did not pull toward the other dogs….(I just looked REALLY hard at them.)




There were lots of kids and adults to meet. And, as usual, I was an ambassador for Occupaws, as people would ask mom and dad, “What was I training for?”, “Is training hard?”, “Can I pet him?”, etc. Of course mom and dad are so proud of me that they were glad to talk about me.

While in Cross Plains, Evan, my favorite little person, played in the park. I just watched to make sure he did not fall off the slide. Then, I took a nap by the playground.

Yesterday afternoon, mom, dad and I, went over to Mindy’s house to have dinner and play with my canine cousins, and, of course, Evan. What fun! We all get along so great. Mom does not let me play in the house, so we play on the deck that is attached to the back of the house (no vest, of course).

I surprised dad, when mom told him that almost all of my teeth are “big dog teeth”. Mom knew that I had lost most of my “baby teeth”. But when dad was reading Echo’s blog he asked mom about my big dog teeth. She said that sure, most of my teeth are big, and very white (because they are new). It was a very busy day so I had to go to my kennel all by myself and put my little ole body to bed.
zzzzzzz......


I went to breakfast with mom, dad and some friends of mom’s this morning. I had to fit under a table in a very small spot. But, I squeezed under the table, and was very quiet, and slept. Dad put up a poster about Barktoberfest at the restaurant. I am a tired puppy today, and, so far, it is not a very nice day for walking (it is very foggy this morning) so maybe mom will let me sleep under her quilting table while she sews.

Slick

No comments: