Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

August 19, 2008

Ambassador

My day started out with a wonderful walk…. Mom did not go very far as it was already getting humid and hot. But then we went to WAGs for some more video training for mom and playtime for me. Irish, a Golden Retriever that is two weeks older than I am was there. Irish used to be afraid of playing with me, but now we both know how to play, so we get along great. (In the picture mom took, I look really scary, but we are just playing.) Irish and I practiced “hanging out”,,,, the art of lying down quietly, without prompting when mom is busy and another dog is nearby. Mom says my recall is really getting good. I don’t know what “recall” means, but I sure like to run to her when she calls.


After WAGs, mom took me to Joann Fabrics. The staff at Joann’s loves puppies. They asked mom who I was, and how old I was. It was so much fun. Mom was very proud of me because I walked very nicely and left items alone that were on the shelves. We also taught a little girl about how to approach a dog,,, making sure to ask before petting. “May I pet your dog?” Sometimes I feel like a “doggie ambassador”.

This afternoon we worked on “sit” “down”, “stand”, and “wait”. I am having a little trouble with “stand”, but mom says I’ll figure it out. It was way too hot to walk again.

No comments: