Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

August 28, 2008

Growing Up

I had a great 4-month birthday.

First of all, mom wanted to walk on the treadmill, so I chewed on a bone in my crate and then kept dad company. Then we went to Woodman’s, a large grocery store. On Thursday’s it is not too busy for a pup. Did you know that walking up and down isles, and leaving good smelling things alone is hard? We also practiced “sit”, “down” and “stay” while we were there. Lots of people wanted to pet me, but mom thought that I did not need to be pet today. I wanted to be pet…mom told me it had something to do with “self-restraint”.



After dropping off the groceries, we went to Costco with Mindy, mom’s oldest puppy. I was so good walking thru the deli department…it smelled so good!. At home, I discovered that Mindy had brought her canine puppies. We all played inside for a little while. I am almost as tall as one of her full-grown dogs!

In the evening, I had my Puppy II class. I am at the top of the class. While the rest of the class is working with the instructor learning how to do “baby” stuff, like “polite greetings”, “sit”, and very short “stays” and “come” from short distances, mom works on longer “stays”, “find heel”, “down” and “stand” and “come” from farther distances (she expects me to come VERY fast!). She says that having the other puppies around provides a great distraction for me.

Mom noticed that I had I passed a “milestone”. I lost a couple of my lower jaw baby teeth. I look really funny with a couple of spaces where teeth should be!

Today I visit the vet and get some shots, and find out how big I am!

No comments: