Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

August 23, 2008

A Capitol Day

Today was Farmer’s market on the Capitol Square in Madison. It was so much fun. Mom and dad took me early so it would be cool and not crowded. There were flowers, vegetables, cheese, and all sorts of different kinds of people! Musicians were playing guitars, violins, and even washtubs! I even had a policeman pet me! What fun!

While we were there, mom and dad took me inside the Capitol Building. In order to get into the building, I needed to go thru a rotating door. It was pretty small, so mom made sure that my tail did not get caught. I was a little frightened, but mom made sure that I got lots of treats, so it was not so bad. We walked around the building, and I even saw what the rotunda looked like.

Do you know that there are holes in the ground that have air come out of them? On the way back to the car, we walked over a grate in the sidewalk that had so much air coming out of it, that my ears flew away from my head,,,, as if I was riding in a car. At first I did not want to walk over the grate, but mom told me to “let’s go” so I did (several times).

The rest of the day, I just “hung out” around the house. My favorite “little person” came over for a little while, so we played together. We seem to understand more and more how to play so each of us has fun. Other than that, I cuddled with mom and dad and slept. I’ve had some busy days and mom thought a good restful afternoon and evening would be good for me.

No comments: