Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

August 19, 2008

Canoe

I had an absolutely fantastic day! After my walk, mom, dad, Stitch and I went to Ingleside Nursing home. At the Nursing Home, there was a lady who rarely talks and does not move her arms very well. I helped her with a big belly laugh, AND she moved her arms to pet me. I was so pleased with myself! I really felt like I did some real good today.

After dropping Stitch off at home, we went to an outdoor shopping center. I don’t quite understand what mom means when she says “look” and points to low hanging branches. Do you want me to sit and see how pretty the branches are?? While walking around the shopping center, we “discovered” the Orvis outfitter store. I visited with a couple of the staff members, and was allowed to practice sitting in a canoe,….just in case when I grow up my human partner will want to go canoeing. After all that walking mom and dad were hungry, so I kept mom and dad company while they ate. Then, off to Copps food store to buy eggs and bread. (Didn’t they just eat?? Why do we have to buy food?) Finally, home and a nap….



The best part of the day was tonight. Costco had their “pre-opening” open house. There were lots and lots of people. We walked up and down the isles and walked around tables with food on them… you would think that the way the humans were huddled around the tables, that there was a famine. I was pet by a police officer, a man in a wheel chair,,,, and a lady who saw me and said “that is an English lab”, among others. Mom said that I behaved PERFECTLY.

We practiced “sit”, “down”, “stay”, and “polite greetings”. I was not afraid of the number of people, the cars in the parking lot, and best of all, I did not pee on the concrete floor. Mom says we are going to train here again! The isles are long and straight, and would be a good place to practice turning left and right, as well as walking in straight lines. Mom and dad gave me extra petting as I was so good.

Now, off to bed, being good is HARD.

No comments: