Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

August 25, 2008

Parade

My day started out with a nice walk with mom, dad, and my two housemates Stitch and Reggie. I don’t walk with my housemates very often, so today was a real treat! Then, I went to lunch at a new restaurant with my favorite little person, Evan, and his mom and dad (mom and dad’s puppies). As usual, I just slept while they ate.

My afternoon was very leisurely, just hanging out in the crate and with dad while he programmed and cut the grass, (mom was washing windows).


But my evening was very confusing. It started out with an hour’s ride to Janesville where I met other Occupaws puppies. Did you know that I had to sit in a group of other puppies, and not play with them?? Then, I did a “down” with the puppies next to me, and a little boy walking around us. Mom was using a new way to tell me to “sit” and “down” by using the leash. I did not understand what she wanted at first. (To tell you the truth I don’t think that mom knew what to do at first either).


Then all the puppies walked up and down a street next to the Janesville mall, both heeling on the right side and the left side. I wonder what the drivers thought as we walked? We must have looked like a group of ducklings in a row, not a group of puppies! We worked on “look” (looking at trees again…..am I supposed to eat the branches or what?? I still don’t get it.), “get dressed”, “stand”, “find heel”, and “submission” where mom rubbed me with her foot and I just laid on the ground and enjoyed it.. This really nice lady demonstrated “left” and “right”. I bet that mom is going to work on teaching me the new way of learning this week. Then an hour ride back home.

Well, off to bed.

Sincerely, Slick

No comments: