Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

August 12, 2008

Graduation Slick

My day started out with a wonderful walk. Today was recycle day, so everybody had really fun things put out on the curb. I explored everything that looked interesting. We did not walk far, but I had fun. I also “discovered” jumping insects. Mom calls them “grasshoppers”. I guess as fall comes there will be more of them, but the one I saw this morning was really BIG and jumped really FAR!

Then we went off to the WAGs building to play with a new friend, a one year-old Golden retriever by the name of Happy. Happy is just about ready to be placed as a home help mate. Happy and I played a lot. Even though she is bigger than I am, we were able to figure out how to have fun together. After playtime, I was tired, so I slept in a crate while mom watched a video on how to work a dog off leash. We already do some of the things they talked about on the video, so I was proud of mom. Mom also had me walk on a grate, as she heard that some puppies are afraid of big grates. But I did not mind, I just sat right down on it!



After a short nap at home, I went to my last Puppy I class. I Graduated! I am so proud of myself. Because it was the last day, part of the class was spent running thru tunnels, looking at vacuum cleaners, and jumping thru hoops. Some of my classmates were afraid of the tunnel, but I thought it was FUN! We also had a recall contest…. I lost because I went to another person who was calling their dog, rather than mom. I start Puppy II classes next Thursday, I wonder if I will meet new friends…..??


No comments: