Hawk's Schedule

8/4 Lake Mills
8/12 CCSDA Training

August 26, 2008

Jail Time...

Because last night was so busy, mom and dad were tired. Unfortunately, I woke up at 4:00 I the morning (I had to poop), and then the big dogs woke at 6:00. My system was “out of sync”. Normally I can sleep until 6:00 or 6:30. Dad fed my housemates and I at 6:00 a.m. After breakfast, I took pity on mom and dad, and let them wake up naturally at 7:30. I know that mom has trouble going back to sleep after waking up for me, and I wanted her to be awake for the rest of the day.

We had our usual visit at the nursing home. There were not a lot of people available to pet me because they had gone on a field trip…but Reggie and I had a great time with the remaining residents.


Arriving home, mom explained to me that it was important for me to learn to stay in the “kennel”. This is because some day when I am big and learning to be in harness, I will have to sleep in one. Now, I have seen the “big dogs” in the kennel, but I never thought I would have to be in one. Mom started me out by putting me in the kennel with my housemates. Hummm. It was almost like being inside. I can come into the indoor part of the kennel, which is in the garage, and then back outside to the outdoor part of the kennel. It was a beautiful day, and I could play with my friends if I wanted to. My friends showed me how to go thru the door flap too.

Mom then put me in the kennel alone for a little while. It still was OK because I could look at our back yard, and enjoy the beautiful summer day. Overall, it was an OK activity. Mom says that I will spend some more time in kennel to make sure that I am used to it, AND that I might enjoy being outside more on nice days, than stuck in a crate in the house.



I guess I am growing up a little bit every day.

No comments: